Local Restaurants |
Airports & Ground Transportation |
About Boston |
All events will take place at the Sheraton Boston Hotel.
Why should you stay in the headquarters hotel?|
It is by contracting sleeping rooms that we can significantly reduce hotel charges for meeting room rental.
When the sleeping rooms are not utilized, we face significant financial penalties. As a result, these penalties ultimately force us to raise registration fees. We recognize, however, that not everyone can afford to stay in the conference hotel. We always try to book venues that have some low-cost alternatives available near the conference.
With costs going higher and higher, USENIX is working very hard to negotiate the very best hotel rates and keep other conference expenses down in order to keep registration fees as low as possible. We appreciate your help in this endeavor.
USENIX has negotiated special rates for conference attendees at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. Please make your reservation as soon as possible by contacting the hotel directly. You must mention USENIX to get the special group rate.
Sheraton Boston Hotel
39 Dalton Street
Boston, MA 02199
Tel: (617) 236-2000
Special Attendee Room Rate:
$235 single/double plus 12.45% tax
This rate includes free in-room Internet (a savings of $9.95 + tax per day).
Note: Our room block at the Sheraton Boston Hotel has sold out and the hotel is also currently sold out. We recommend that you check out hotels in the surrounding area for availability, and check back with the Sheraton Boston periodically to see if they have any cancellations.
Reservations at these hotels will be handled on a space-available basis at the hotel's standard rate:
Need a roommate? Subscribe to the roomshare email list.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel is connected to the Copley Place mall, which offers a variety of dining options for every budget, and the Prudential Center, which also provides a range of dining opportunities in its food court and restaurants.
USENIX has partnered with JetBlue to provide a 5% discount on your trip to Boston. Plan to book early for the best airfare discounts. Use the following information while booking your flights to receive the USENIX discount:
- Meeting Promotional Code: ATC2010
- Discount: 5%
- Valid Outbound Dates: June 18–22, 2010
- Valid Return Dates: June 25–28, 2010
- Promo Code available until June 22, 2010
- Discount Reservation Web Site
USENIX has partnered with American Airlines to provide a 5% discount on your trip to Boston. Plan to book early for the best airfare discounts. Use the following information while booking your flights to receive the USENIX discount:
DISCOUNT CAR RENTAL
USENIX has partnered with Avis to provide discounts on car rentals for your trip to Boston. To book at the discounted rate, click here.
AIRPORTS & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
(located approximately 6 miles from the Sheraton Boston Hotel)
Transportation to the Hotel
Ultimate Shuttle Service: Shared van transportation to/from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with advance reservations. For reservations, book online here or call (888) 437-4379. Fares are $14/per person.
Taxis can be hired outside each terminal at Boston Logan International Airport. Fares to and from the hotel should average about $15–18, including tip. Call 24 hours in advance for reservations.
Boston is served by Amtrak at South Station and Back Bay Station, with frequent departures for and arrivals from New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Back Bay Station is located within 0.46 miles of the hotel; South Station is approximately 1.5 miles from the hotel. The MBTA subway, often called the "T" by locals, operates from Airport Station on the Blue Line and from South Station on the Red Line into downtown Boston. The Arlington T station is located within a tenth of a mile of the hotel.
Getting Around Boston
The MBTA runs buses, subway, and commuter trains on set schedules to points in and around Boston.
From Logan International Airport:
From the North:
- Take the Sumner Tunnel in the right lane to Storrow Drive (Exit 26).
- Follow for 2 miles and then take the Fenway Exit (left exit).
- Bear left following "Boylston Street Inbound" and at the fifth light make a right onto Dalton Street.
From the West:
- Take Interstate 93 South to Exit 26 (Storrow Drive).
- Follow Storrow Drive to the Fenway Exit (left exit).
- Bear left at the end of the exit ramp onto Boylston Street Inbound.
- At the fifth light make a right onto Dalton Street and the hotel is on the left.
From the South:
- Take Route 90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) to the Prudential Center underground exit (Exit 22)
- At the fork in the tunnel, follow the Prudential Center sign. Once above ground you will be on Huntington Ave.
- Turn right at the traffic lights and the hotel will be on the right.
- Take I-93 North to Massachusetts Avenue (Exit 18).
- At the third light turn left and at the next light turn right onto Massachusetts Avenue.
- Follow for 1.25 miles and turn right onto Huntington Avenue.
- At the second light turn left onto Belvidere and the hotel is on the right.
Valet parking is indoors and includes in/out privileges. Garage self-parking at the Prudential Center cannot be billed back to the room and does not include in/out privileges. Parking is based on availability.
Hourly late fees apply after 2:00 p.m. on day of check-out.
- Valet Parking: $42 overnight (until 2:00 p.m. on day of check-out)
- Self-Parking (Prudential Center): $39 for 24 hours
Traveling to USENIX Federated Conferences Week from outside the U.S.A.?
See detailed advice from the National Academies about visiting the United States.
Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau