Hotel and Travel
USENIX has negotiated special rates for symposium attendees at the New Orleans Marriott Hotel. Contact the hotel directly to make your reservation. You must mention USENIX to get the special rate. A one-night room deposit must be guaranteed to a major credit card. To cancel your reservation, you must notify the hotel at least 72 hours before your planned arrival date.
- New Orleans Marriott Hotel
- 555 Canal Street
- New Orleans, LA 70140
- Toll Free: 1.800.228.9290
- Direct Telephone: 1.504.581.1000
- Reservation Fax: 1.504.553.5625
- Single/Double Occupancy $130.00
- Plus state and local taxes, currently 11% sales tax and $3 per room, per night city ordinance tax)
Special airline discounts will be available for USENIX attendees. Please call for details:
Discount Air Fares
- JNR, Inc.
- Toll Free: 1.800.343.4546 (USA and Canada)
- Telephone: 1.949.476.2788
The New Orleans Marriott Hotel is approximately 30 minutes from the airport. The Airport Shuttle offers continuous 24 hour van service every 15 minutes. Current cost is $10 one way. Shuttle service information is located in the baggage claim area at the airport. Taxi cost is approximately $21 one way.
Airport to Hotel Transportation
New Orleans is perhaps the most atmospheric city in the U.S. With its emphasis on Cajun-Creole food and intense music scene, there's always something to do. Restaurants, both plain and fancy, traditional and cutting edge, abound. You can dance until dawn. The City.Net web site is a good starting point to plan your free time.
What to See and Do in New Orleans