Abstracts - 12th Systems Administration Conference
WebWiseTclTk: A Safe-Tcl/Tk-based Toolkit Enhanced for the World Wide Web
Hemang Lavana and Franc Brglez
North Carolina State University
The WebWiseTclTk toolkit is an enhancement of the existing
feature set of Safe-Tcl and Safe-Tk
that does not compromise security.
The toolkit re-defines the
functionality of the auto_load mechanism in Tcl such that it works
for packages located anywhere on the World Wide Web.
re-introduces several commands not available in Safe-Tk
such as toplevel
and menu to provide a much richer feature set of Tk commands.
The toolkit is written entirely in Safe-Tcl/Tk and uses the
home policy for running applications as Tcl-plugins.
The toolkit supports
(1) creation of new Web-based Tcl applications with greatly enhanced
(2) migration of existing Tcl applications to the Web by
merely writing an encapsulation script.
We demonstrate the capabilities of the WebWiseTclTk toolkit
by readily creating an encapsulation script for Web-based execution of
the Tk Widget Demonstrations,
distributed with the core Tcl/Tk.
- View the full text of this paper in
HTML form and
- If you need the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it from Adobe's site.
- To become a USENIX Member, please see our Membership Information.