Hotel & Travel |
- Austin Zoo:
- Located in the Hill Country, the Zoo provides sanctuary for
both exotic and domestic animals.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center:
- This 42-acre botanical garden
features plants native to Central Texas Hill Country.
Texas Governor's Mansion: Since 1856, every Texas governor has called
this antebellum dwelling home.
- Texas State Capitol:
- Gardens, statues, and memorials surround this
26-acre complex. Tours every 15 minutes.
- Treaty Oak:
- The last of the Council Oaks, where, according to legend,
treaties with Indians were signed. Although this 600-year-old tree was
poisoned in 1989, one massive branch of greenery still survives.
- Texas Memorial Museum:
- Displays of Texas and natural history include
gems and minerals, paleontology, wildlife dioramas, Indian artifacts,
and the original Goddess of Liberty statue.
- Umlauf Sculpture Gardens & Museum:
- Over 130 sculptures by
internationally known artist Charles Umlauf are displayed throughout the
xeriscaped garden and museum.