Were pleased to invite you to attend the 2007 USENIX Annual Technical Conference. This year were offering 6 days of training running alongside a 3-day conference program filled with the latest research, security breakthroughs, and practical approaches to the questions and problems you wrestle with. Youll also have many opportunities to chat with peers who share your concerns and interests.
Training: SundayFriday, June 1722, 2007
The 6-day training program at USENIX 07 provides in-depth and immediately useful training on the latest techniques, effective tools, and best strategies, including:
- Hands-on Linux Security: From Hacked to Secure in Two Days, by Rik Farrow
- NFSv4 and Cluster File Systems, by Peter Honeyman
- Distributed Source Code Management Systems: Bzr, Hg, and Git, by Theodore Tso
New in 2007: SANS at USENIX Annual Tech. In addition to the top-notch USENIX training, were partnering with the SANS Institute to offer a 6-day security class:
- SANS Security 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling
Technical Sessions: WednesdayFriday, June 2022, 2007
The 3-day technical program begins with the keynote address by Mendel Rosenblum of Stanford University, The Impact of Virtualization on Computing Systems, and includes other noteworthy invited talks, such as:
- Plenary Closing Session by Mary Lou Jepsen, One Laptop per Child, Crossing the Digital Divide: The Latest Efforts from One Laptop per Child
- Gary McGraw, Cigital, Exploiting Online Games
- Daniel V. Klein, Consultant, Perfect Data in an Imperfect World
The USENIX 07 Refereed Papers Track is the premier forum for presenting the latest in groundbreaking research. Be among the first to check out the latest innovative work on the problems you most need solved.
Finally, dont miss the opportunity to pose your toughest questions to the experts in the Guru Is In sessions. Mingle with colleagues and leading experts in the Birds-of-a-Feather sessions and at the various evening social events, including a Reception & Poster Session, vendor sessions, and a Conference Reception.
USENIX 07 promises to be an exciting showcase for the latest in innovative research and cutting-edge practices in technology. We look forward to seeing you in Santa Clara.
On behalf of the USENIX 07 organizers,
Jeff Chase, Duke University
Srinivasan Seshan, Carnegie Mellon University
USENIX 07 Program Co-Chairs