HOTEL & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Hotel Reservation Discount Deadline: Monday, June 15, 2009 Deadline Extended!
Why should you stay in the headquarters hotel?
Given the current economic situation, it is more important than ever that you stay in the conference hotel. It is by contracting sleeping rooms that we can significantly reduce hotel charges for meeting room rental.
When the sleeping rooms are not utilized, we face significant financial penalties. As a result, these penalties ultimately force us to raise registration fees and reduce amenities.
We strongly encourage you to stay in the conference hotel and appreciate your help in this endeavor.
USENIX has negotiated special rates for workshop attendees at the Town & Country. Please make your reservation as soon as possible by contacting the hotel directly. You must mention USENIX to get the special group rate.
Town & Country
500 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, CA 92108
Telephone (toll free): 800.77.ATLAS
Telephone (local): 619.291.7131
Hotel Floor Plans (PDF)
Special Attendee Room Rates
Garden Rooms: $145 single/double
Regency Tower Rooms: $158 single/double
Royal Palm Tower Rooms: $170 single/double
Rates do not include 10.5% Occupancy Tax or 2% San Diego Tourism Marketing District Assessment.
Click here to book your Town & Country hotel room at the special USENIX rate.
Note: When the rooms in the USENIX block are sold out, requests will be handled on a space-available basis at the hotel's standard rate. Make your reservations early!
Need a roommate at HotCloud '09? Subscribe to the
roomshare email list.
USENIX has partnered with American Airlines to provide a 5% discount on your trip to San Diego. Plan to book early for the best airfare discounts. Use the following information while booking your flights to receive the USENIX discount:
USENIX has partnered with JetBlue to provide a 5% discount on your trip to San Diego. Plan to book early for the best airfare discounts. Use the following information while booking your flights to receive the USENIX discount:
- Meeting Promotional Code: AnnualTech
- Discount: 5%
- Valid Travel Dates:
- Outbound: June 1114, 2009
- Return: June 1922, 2009
- Promo Code available until June 14
- Discount Reservation Web Site
AIRPORTS & GROUND TRANSPORTATION
Hotel parking is $4/day. For driving directions to the hotel, please visit http://www.towncountry.com/location.html.
Xpress Shuttle is $11 per person one-way. For more information and special coupons, visit http://www.xpressshuttle.com/san_diego.htm.
Super Shuttle is $12 per person one-way. It operates 24 hours a day. For more information, visit http://supershuttle.com/.
Taxis from the airport to the hotel are approximately $25–$30.
The San Diego Trolley is adjacent to the Town & Country. It is known for its reliability, safety, and convenience. Often called San Diego's "moving landmark," the Trolley is also a fun way to get around, whether traveling to the International Border or heading to Centre City's shopping, restaurants, harbor, and historic attractions.
From the airport to the hotel: The Trolley does not stop at the airport. However, you can use bus service to connect with the Trolley. The Town & Country is located on the green line for the Trolley. Visit http://transit.511sd.com/ to plan your trip.
From Amtrak to the Trolley: The Trolley system has two stations that connect with Amtrak.
TRAVELING TO HOTCLOUD '09 FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.?
See detailed advice from the National Academies about visiting the United States at http://www7.nationalacademies.org/visas/Traveling_to_US.html.
ABOUT SAN DIEGO
USENIX is pleased to bring HotCloud '09 to San Diego and the Town & Country. San Diego offers beautiful weather, a wide array of restaurants to suit every taste and budget, and miles of stunning beaches. There are many attractions that will be of interest to HotCloud attendees. Here are just a few:
More information is available from the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau, http://www.sandiego.org/, as well as the Town & Country, http://www.towncountry.com/.
- The world-famous San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, featuring thousands of species of rare and endangered animals in one of the world's most renowned facilities
- SeaWorld San Diego, a 150-acre park featuring marine habitats, aquariums, and Shamu the killer whale
- The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, featuring planetarium shows and more than 100 interactive science exhibits
- The Birch Aquarium at Scripps, where you can explore corals reefs, see sharks feed, and dip into tidepools
- LEGOLAND California, an interactive theme park for LEGO enthusiasts of all ages
PLACES TO EAT
Looking for dining options or a dinner buddy?
New! USENIX Dinner Board
Saturday–Tuesday, June 13–16
Looking to meet other attendees while enjoying a good meal? Sign up
on the USENIX Dinner Board. Here's how it works: Pick one of the following
restaurants from the board in the Atlas Foyer: Kelly's Steakhouse
(on-site), Charlie's (on-site), Uno (off-site at Fashion Valley Mall), or
Cheescake Factory(off-site at Fashion Valley Mall). Then meet back at
the board at 7:30 to join your assigned group. Head out for stimulating
conversation and good food.
Dining Options in the Hotel
The Terrace Cafe
- Featuring appetizers, burgers, salads, and hand-tossed pizza
- 7 TV monitors and a giant 65" HDTV big screen and video
games and pool tables
- Full cocktail service and over 20 beers including local
- Open daily at 6:00 a.m.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Sandwiches, salads, and sundaes
Trellises Garden Grille
- Open daily
- Deli sandwiches and snacks
- Freshly baked pastries and cookies
- Soft drinks, milk shakes, and malts
- Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Fresh seafood, pastas, and steaks
- Variety of pastas and pizzas
- Dinner and cocktails daily
- Prime rib, steaks, and chicken
- Lively piano bar
A Short Walk Away
Head across the bridge to the Fashion Valley Shopping Center and
- Food court, featuring a variety of food including Mexican, Italian,
Chinese, and much more!
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Cheesecake Factory
- Pizzeria Uno Restaurant & Bar
- Bing Crosby's Restaurant & Piano Bar
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro