USENIX has negotiated special rates for conference attendees at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. Please make your reservation as soon as possible by contacting the hotel directly. You must mention USENIX to get the special group rate.
Hotel Reservation Discount Deadline: June 7, 2004
Boston Marriott Copley Place
110 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Hotel Floor Plans (PDF)
(plus tax, 12.45%)
Note: When the rooms in the USENIX block are sold out, requests will be handled on a space-available basis at the hotel's standard rate. Make your reservations early!
Why should you stay in the headquarters hotel?|
We strongly encourage you to stay in the conference hotel and to identify yourself as a USENIX conference attendee when making your reservation.
By contracting rooms for our attendees, we significantly reduce hotel charges for meeting room rental. When those sleeping rooms are not occupied, we face significant financial penalties. Those penalties ultimately force us to raise registration fees.
With costs going higher and higher, we are working hard to negotiate the very best hotel rates for you and to keep other conference expenses down, in order to keep registration fees as low as possible. We appreciate your help in this endeavor.
The Boston Marriott Copley Place is connected to the Copley Place mall, which offers a variety of dining options for every budget.
The Prudential Center, which is adjacent to Copley Place, also provides a range of dining opportunities in its food court and restaurants.
Onsite parking is available at the hotel, including a valet option. There
is off-site parking within a tenth of a mile of the hotel including:
Fitz Inn Auto Park
$16.00 (24 hours)
150 Huntington Ave.
$20.00 (24 hours)
$24.00 (24 hours)
Transportation to the Hotel
By Taxi or Shuttle: Taxis can be hired outside each terminal at Boston Logan International Airport. Fares to and from downtown should average about $15-18, including tip. Shuttle King provides door-to-door van service 24 hours a day between the airport and many Boston area destinations. Call 24 hours in advance for reservations. One-way fare to downtown is approximately $8.
By Train: Boston is served by Amtrak at South Station and Back Bay Station,
with frequent departures for and arrivals from New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Back Bay Station is located within 0.1 miles of the hotel; South Station is approximately 1.5 miles from
the hotel. The MBTA subway, often called the "T" by locals, operates from Airport Station on the Blue Line to South Station in downtown Boston. Two T stations, Prudential and Back Bay, are located within a tenth of a mile of the hotel.
Getting around Boston
The MBTA runs buses and subway and commuter trains on set schedules to points in and around Boston. Dollar Rent a Car is available in the lobby.
USENIX is pleased to bring the Annual Technical Conference to Boston once again. The city offers unique historical charm and a wide array of activities to occupy your free time. There are many attractions that will be of interest to USENIX '04 attendees. Here are just a few:
To learn more about Boston, Massachusetts, check out the following Web sites:
- MIT Museum: Take a look at the research being done behind laboratory doors at MIT.
- Museum of Science: Check out the new exhibits, planetarium, and laser shows.
- Museum of Fine Arts: Filled with history and culture, this is one of Boston's most renowned museums.
- New England Aquarium: Adopt a penguin, play with a sea lion, or watch for whales at Boston's famous aquarium.
- Theatre District: BroadwayBoston style. Take in the latest show wowing theater-going audiences.
- Historic Freedom Trail: Enjoy this 2.5 mile walk from Boston Common to the berth of the U.S.S. Constitution, including 18 of Boston's most famous historic sites.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Located in the heart of downtown, this is the nation's premier urban marketplace, with over 50 shops, 15 full-service restaurants, and over 30 food stalls.