First page Back Continue Last page Summary Graphic
Take the long view as much as you can
- X's worst parts are where we compromised on the long term view
- X's best parts enabled Gnome and KDE long after standardization
- Your design is your soapbox - use it wisely, make it flexible
Open source advantages
- Developers now number more than ANY company on the planet
- Economic advantage grows as hardware becomes cheaper
- And growing (still approximately exponentially)....
Where will we be in 5 years? In 10 years?
- This time, we have the fundamental economic advantages..
- Can we overcome open source's problems, truly change the world?