First page Back Continue Last page Summary Graphic
Conclusions - Modularity, WiMPyness, and Religion
Modularity is next to Interoperability
- Enables projects to scale and to progress quickly
- Darwinian selection of projects based on this (among other) criteria
- What if we'd built the UI in the window system server?
- X would truly be a food note of history now
The future is not WiMPy interface
- Desktops will become the exception rather than the rule
- Still need a good audio server...
There is no "one true religion"
- Even in systems...
- No "Holy Jihad's", please...
Push on the Internet as far as it will go!