First page Back Continue Last page Summary Graphic
Before the Fall of the Empire...
A flame was kept burning
- On PC's, in the back room, on truly terrible graphics hardware!
- XFree86 project started in 199x
- Unfortunately, its culture and style was somewhat subverted by the X Consortium
- Joining the X consortium required XFree86 to adopt restrictions on its development style just at the time the Internet really took off
This has JUST been fixed - X development sources are finally available via anonymous CVS
Unfortunately, Byzantium still blunders on
- X.org is useless, and should be abolished