USENIX has negotiated special rates for conference attendees at the Colonnade Hotel. Please make your reservation as soon as possible by contacting the hotel directly. You must mention USENIX to get the special group rate.
The Colonnade Hotel
120 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: (617) 424-7000
Special Attendee Room Rate:
$169 plus 12.45% tax
Note: When the rooms in the USENIX block are sold out, requests will be handled on a space-available basis at the hotel's standard rate. Make your reservations early!
All conference events will take place at the Sheraton.
Sheraton Boston Hotel
39 Dalton Street
Boston MA 02199
Tel: (617) 236-2000
The Sheraton Boston Hotel is connected to the Copley Place mall, which offers a variety of dining options for every budget, and the Prudential Center, which also provides a range of dining opportunities in its food court and restaurants.
Transportation to the Hotel
By Taxi or Shuttle: Taxis can be hired outside each terminal at Boston Logan International Airport. Fares to and from downtown should average about $1518, including tip. Call 24 hours in advance for reservations. One-way fare to downtown is approximately $8.
By Train: Boston is served by Amtrak at South Station and Back Bay Station,
with frequent departures for and arrivals from New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. Back Bay Station is located within 0.2 miles of the hotels; South Station is approximately 1.5 miles from
the hotels. The MBTA subway, often called the "T" by locals, operates from Airport Station on the Blue Line to South Station in downtown Boston. The Prudential T station is located within a tenth of a mile of the hotels.
Getting around Boston
The MBTA runs buses and subway and commuter trains on set schedules to points in and around Boston.
The Sheraton Boston Hotel offers valet parking on a first-come/first-served basis. The rates include in and out privileges. The rates are:
There is also self-parking available at the Prudential Center, which is located adjacent to the entrance area of the hotel. The rates are:
Up to 30 minutes
30 min.1 hour
1 hr.1 hr. 30 min.
1 hr. 30 min.2 hrs.
2 hrs.10 hrs.
10 hrs.24 hrs.
USENIX is pleased to bring the Security Symposium to Boston for the first time. The city offers unique historical charm and a wide array of activities to occupy your free time. There are many attractions that will be of interest to Security '07 attendees. Here are just a few:
To learn more about Boston, Massachusetts, check out the following Web sites:
- MIT Museum: Take a look at the research being done behind laboratory doors at MIT.
- Museum of Science: Check out the new exhibits, planetarium, and laser shows.
- Museum of Fine Arts: Filled with history and culture, this is one of Boston's most renowned museums.
- New England Aquarium: Adopt a penguin, play with a sea lion, or watch for whales at Boston's famous aquarium.
- Theatre District: BroadwayBoston style. Take in the latest show wowing theater-going audiences.
- Historic Freedom Trail: Enjoy this 2.5 mile walk from Boston Common to the berth of the U.S.S. Constitution, including 18 of Boston's most famous historic sites.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace: Located in the heart of downtown, this is the nation's premier urban marketplace, with over 50 shops, 15 full-service restaurants, and over 30 food stalls.
TRAVELING TO SECURITY '07 FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.?
See detailed advice from the National Academies about visiting the United States.