Next: Evaluation Methodology
Up: OverQoS: An Overlay based
Previous: Counterstrike application
In this section, we answer several questions relating to the practical
viability of OverQoS in the wide area Internet using implementation
results and measurements on a wide-area network comprising of
diverse nodes. Additionally we use ns-2
based simulations  to answer specific questions that a wide
area evaluation may not be able to address.
The specific questions we address are:
- Can OverQoS provide statistical bandwidth guarantees and loss
assurances to flows? In particular:
- Loss Guarantees: When can a CLVL abstraction provide
loss guarantees along a virtual link?
- Bandwidth Guarantees: What bandwidth guarantees are
realizable on a virtual link?
- OverQoS Cost: What is the bandwidth overhead and delay cost of
- Fairness/Stability: Is OverQoS fair to cross traffic and
stable in the presence of multiple competing OverQoS networks?